1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Mob stacking ideas

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by hockeyxxxxxxxkid, May 19, 2017.

1. The main improvement that can be made to mob stacking, besides fixing the bugs, is making it so that potions, fall damage, and suffocation damage (piston crushers) affect the entire stack.

The only other major issue I have with mob stacking is how much worse it makes blaze grinders. The only thing that I can think of is making blazes not stack unless they are on top of a gold block.
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
  2. Eil

Eil Raid SMOD | Team Legacy

The original reason stacking was added was that people were making huge farms (200 chickens in a 5x5 pen) which was causing a lot of server lag - People who do this aren't going to put them on a gold block. The gold block idea was in Survival PvP for about a year before it was removed. It was a bit buggy, and no one particularly liked it.

I like the fall damage, suffocation and potion effects one, as this would make many of the current ruined mob farms (due to stacking) work again.
  3. Sorry, I specifically meant blazes - not that all mobs should be this way.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DnaMooshroom

DnaMooshroom Raid's JMOD

I like the idea of making it so that splash potions etc contribute the entire stack, not just the "top" mob. What you noted about the stacking ruining blaze farms is quite evident, and would have to agree. Even if we're to allow blazes to unstack, virtually every prominent player/team possesses a blaze grinder. As @Eil said, it would cause too much lag.