1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Need Help

Discussion in 'Technology Discussion' started by CoCaptainBlue, Nov 11, 2018.

1. CoCaptainBlue

CoCaptainBlue Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Hello

So 2 days ago I started to get extreme game lagg. My FPS dropped rapidly to 1,2,3 fps and as im sure those of you who have using an regular everyday laptop know that just 30 fps is really bad.

Sometiems on the Raid server i stand still and I get 40-60 but if i move or turn a little bit it drops all the way down to 1.

My computer has had issues for a while now but it has never been this bad.

At the moment Minecraft is using 60% of my CPU 25% of my RAM and my GPU is at 20-35%

PC Specs are Intel core i5 with 8 gb RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 840m
    I have optifine and use Labymod 3.3

Today i ran

A Disk defragmentation
    A Disk clean up
    An anti virus scan
    An adware cleanup tool (for junk adware and general optimsation)

While the disk clean up helps in general. i knew non of these would help towards my gameing issue but i did them anyway.

Any help or advice is much appreciated

#1 CoCaptainBlue, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  2. Colonel_Graff

Colonel_Graff http://www.brawl.com/games/ctf/lookup/188857/
    Wiki Team

Ratings:
    +344
    Um is it sudden or gradual?

Also remove and reinstall mods for Minecraft if you have them. I have slowness if Internet Explorer is running while Minecraft is running, I need to shut it off. If you are running Steam, try running Minecraft without it.

3. Voxtris

Voxtris Member

Ratings:
    +4
    It's possible that your internet is causing the issue, as occasionally when my internet fails, it causes fps drops (I have no idea why internet would effect my FPS, but whatever)

Or, you have multiple things running. You could have a virus, windows defender is dog****, so i'd recomment malwarebytes, it's free and catches pretty much everything.

If none of this works, I'd suggest removing labymod, though I don't know if that'd do anything. Forge not being updated could be an issue, depending on your version

Lastly, you may have toasted your cpu, which can happen with laptops. Hope this helped, if it didn't and you have more information for me, feel freee to reply, convo me or dm me on disc at Sorix#6341