1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Small Gameplay Suggestions

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by Cardona360, Sep 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Cardona360

Cardona360 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239
    Expired Eggs
    Effects from Ninja eggs will be removed from a player(s) when the ninja who inflicted them dies (similar to how medic webs disappear when the medic is killed).

Jump Boost Enhancement
    Remove fall damage while jump boost is active; applies to any class effected by Jump Boost.

Let me know what you think of these adjustments, PM or reply

Pyro Fire Adjustment (Netflikx)
    -Increase time on fire when set ignited with Pyro Bow
    -Decrease time on fire when ignited with Flint and Steel
    ~Both should be roughly 3 ticks

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    #1 Cardona360, Sep 7, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  2. Paddy__M

Paddy__M Member

Ratings:
    +29
    I agree with the ninja egg idea, should go away after death.

I feel like the jump boost, no fall damage change would lead to some interesting gameplay decisions, such as a chemist giving a class jump boost while they’re carrying the flag to survive a fall. Also wondering if that would mean ninjas could ender pearl without damage, because isn’t that fall damage? Overall I think chemist should have no fall damage while they have jump boost but for other classes it could potentially lead to some game breaking.

+1 for eggs though!

3. puhdgy

puhdgy ♥(ˆᴗˆԅ) CTF Mod !

Ratings:
    +301
    Discord:
    pudgy#2860
    Lets not forget eggs give slowness for 8 seconds, so yeah I think having the effects removed upon ninjas death is a fair idea.

4. Proterozoic

Proterozoic Wiki Team is a Semi-Staff Rank

Ratings:
    +917
    both are good

5. Pizze

Pizze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +231
    remove poison effect from chemist too if the chemist is dead???

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Removers

Removers KitBrawl Ex-Mod!

Ratings:
    +396
    Good ideas for both

7. Salty_Ivan

Salty_Ivan Active Member

Ratings:
    +66
    Fall damage resistance on Chemist is a huge no. Chemist already has enough mobility but one thing it can't do is take long falls, especially when there are people chasing you on recov. Apply Jump Boost and leap off of the top of Platforms, for example. Also, would it prevent Ninjas from taking pearl damage?

8. Flaze__

Flaze__ Active Member

Ratings:
    +40
    I like the expired eggs idea, it makes ninja less annoying without really making it less powerful. However I think jump boost shouldn't remove fall damage because a chemist isn't intended to be very very mobile, and doesn't need that anyway. Also, I guess you didn't know but when jump boost is active, you take a lot less fall damage. I use it everytime I'm going to fall down and it's already very useful so I don't see the need of making chemist totally vulnerable to fall damage. In my opinion if you want to buff chemist, just add protection I to the boots and the helmet and it will be enough.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. CoasterHamza

CoasterHamza Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +198
    Nice ideas, I agree with both totally. Also since jump boost is only 3 seconds it is fair for no fall damage since it take more then 3 second to jump off top of clock tower and tall thing.

I disagree, chemist is a support class and a lot of time the poison potion is for slow people down and deal some damage. Also if you remove every potion when chemist die this mean remove buffs if they die which not needed imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Netflikx

Netflikx Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129
    Do you take suggestions. I'd think that it'd be a good idea to extend the time pyro's bow sets people on fire. And then reduce the flint and steel time as well. It'd be ideal to have both of them at around 3 ticks of fire damage.

11. Cardona360

Cardona360 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239
    I do indeed! Added.

Chemist is lacking fairly heavily in usefulness at the moment, buffs are its major selling point and they don't require the chemist to permanently play the class. Chemist can only heal while grounded (for the most part), so 0 fall damage usable 3 times in one life (barring medic restore) can help balance out a major weakness/attract more players to use the class (buffing its own survival and its main role, support, but not by too much).

You bring up a very good point about ninja taking no damage from pearling, this can be easily fixed however by changing damage from pearls to true damage (something that would fix another bug with pearl damage as well).

• Like Like x 2
  12. Proterozoic

Proterozoic Wiki Team is a Semi-Staff Rank

Ratings:
    +917
    If we're going down the route of effects expiring on death, perhaps it would be wise to have buffs given by chemist to be removed when the chemist dies

• Like Like x 1
  13. Removers

Removers KitBrawl Ex-Mod!

Ratings:
    +396
    Definitely not, I think the reasoning is fairly obvious behind why not as well...

14. scapezar

scapezar aka Scape

Ratings:
    +411
    Discord:
    Jul13n#9311
    good ideas for it all! :slight_smile:

- small for pyro, altho a bit of a buff, the tweaking makes sense
    - instead of full out removing the slowness from eggs atm, this is definitely a reasonable, safe nerf - arguably more enjoyable for every1
    - chemist would defin give some more interesting (FUN) gameplay and hopefully a bit more use - and i dont think itd be a problem, but to help give better consistency, the jump boost time can always increase just a bit or have it last until the next fall damage tick

+1!111

15. Paddy__M

Paddy__M Member

Ratings:
    +29
    I’m not against this, this would actually change gameplay in an interesting way. You wouldn’t be able to quickly switch to chemist to buff your offence then switch to something else and would lead to roaming defenders having to choose between attacking the medic or chemist. I think it’d be an interesting change, maybe even something to test.

16. TheZombieKat

TheZombieKat CTFer since May 2012

Ratings:
    +354
    I like the egg idea, that's a +1.

As for the jump boost, I'd have to agree with others that it would be pretty ridiculous for a chemist to be able to jump off everything. It would make it a stronger, less spammy soldier. What would happen if, instead of removing the fall damage entirely, it was reduced?

• Like Like x 1