1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

New Players Playing 1.9+ Could Be Scared Away

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Gehenna_Beam, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Gehenna_Beam

Gehenna_Beam Wizard of Dysphoria

Ratings:
    +1,012
    We advertise the server as supporting 1.8 - 1.14, but I haven't seen anything that says you'll get a poor experience if you play any version above 1.8.
    Players playing 1.9 or higher will log on and experience the compatibility issues and will say, "Wow, this server stinks! So buggy!" Though, I personally haven't logged in with 1.9 or higher in a long time. So, I'm not sure how bad the issues are.

If we did advertise Brawl with the message "1.8 is recommended", would it help even just a little bit or continue to drive away players?
    I have a hunch that most play the latest version. These hardcore PVPers who want to stay on 1.8 or even go back to 1.7 are a minority. Most players log on for just a good time and don't have a passionate, hardcore, "mechanics focused" style of gameplay.

With all that said, I could be wrong.

• Like Like x 1