1. Applicants, do not ask staff to read your application, you will be denied.
    If the server that you wish to apply for does not have a prefix option, do not apply for it.
  2. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

AURailing's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by TheHighestKey, Oct 5, 2019.

?

Do you think I have what It takes to be a moderator?

1. Yes

18 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. Maybe

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. No

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TheHighestKey

TheHighestKey Member

Ratings:
    +8
    What is your in-game name? - TheHighestKey
    Is your Minecraft account secured and migrated? - Yes, my Minecraft account is secured and migrated.

How old are you? - I am currently 18 years of age.

What time zone are you in? - EST ( Eastern Standard Time)

Are you multilingual? Can you speak multiple languages? - Yes, I can speak fluent Spanish and English.

What is your experience and knowledge of Brawl? - I have been a part of the Brawl community for about a good five years now and I have to say, there is nothing that can compare to the love I have for this server. I started off by playing Survival PvP before playing Mc-War which was one of my favorite game modes before I was introduced to Mc-WarZ back in 2014 when it had 1-10 servers and immediately fell in love with it. I have stuck to WarZ ever since.

What is your experience with moderating servers, if any? -
    I was previously staff on a server back in 2015 called WeedKits, which was a popular WarZ practice server, with about 50-100 players daily, the server was later shut down. With being a moderator on WeedKits, I learned to use my permissions wisely and build my patience to stay calm in various situations. My expierence as a staff member has very much helped me become a more respectful and wise in my decision making.

Why do you want to become a moderator on Brawl? - The reason I want to be a part of the McBrawl staff team is because, this server has been a part of my life since my childhood, and I have always wanted to help the community make positive changes. I know I have what it takes to bring the WarZ population back again, all I need is the chance to prove my self. I am very active and always willing to answer any questions, I try my best to be as kind as possible in-game, giving tp's, and complimenting the opponent if defeated. No matter how toxic the other person can be, I always figure out a way to look past that. Watching other moderators such as Ritzy and Yupper do the same has motivated me to act that way, and it is the best feeling I can honestly say.

Have you ever used a hacked client before? - Yes, unfortunately I have used a speed hack on Mc-WarZ out of curiosity.

Have you ever been punished (banned, kicked, muted, etc) legitimately on a public Minecraft server? If so, why?
    - As you can see here, https://www.brawl.com/history/TheHighestKey I was auto banned from Mc-WarZ for using a speed hack on a hacked client. After I received the auto ban, I immediately regretted my decision and promised to never touch another client.

What do you consider your greatest strength? - I would like to say that I have many strengths, one being that I am very mature and calm in hectic situations, I can take criticism very well and have the ability to understand the player. I also like to work as a team and build relationships, I am super social and very patient. I feel those characteristics are useful to have as a moderator. I am very open minded and always willing to learn new information, even if its from another player.

What do you consider your greatest weakness? - One of my greatest weaknesses is the fact that I suffer from ADD and ADHD, this sometimes gets overwhelming for me to focus on a subject, causing me to easily be distracted. I do take medication for this.

Which Brawl server(s) are you most active on? - WarZ

How many Brawl staff applications have you made in the past? - This will be my first application.

What is the date of the last application you submitted? - N/A

Do you have Discord? Yes! AURailing#5840

Anything else you would like to state? - I do understand that my activity on the forums can be better and that will be no issue to improve on, I am excited for the outcome of this application and no matter how it turns out, I will always be a proud member of the McBrawl community, with that being said... Lets Brawl!

#1 TheHighestKey, Oct 5, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2019 at 6:02 PM
  2. HauntedMayo

HauntedMayo Returned Staff Member

Ratings:
    +350
    +1
    Talked on discord, I believe you deserve a shot at the staff team.
    Maturity checks out
    Activity it great
    Forums activity I am willing to overlook
    Best of luck

3. TheHighestKey

TheHighestKey Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Thank you!

4. Yupper

Yupper The limegreen Yupper! <3

Ratings:
    +40
    I don't see you that much ingame, but im pretty sure thats the timezone. Your app looks good to me and it would be nice to play with you one day
    +1 from me
    Good luck.

5. TheHighestKey

TheHighestKey Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Thank you! I'm willing to play man, i'm pretty sure our timezones are different but if you ever catch me just message me! :smile:

6. yairster

yairster Kit Mod

Ratings:
    +31
    Knowledgeable, mature, friendly, active and experienced.
    I love your attitude, you're very easy to work with, and I think you'll fit well into the staff team.

+1 Best of luck

7. TheHighestKey

TheHighestKey Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Thank you yairster, means a lot. :heart:

8. Foodcourt

Foodcourt CTF Staff Member

Ratings:
    +83
    Discord:
    Foodcourt#9465
    My comments/thoughts:

In-Game Activity: From my research and our recent conversation, your in-game activity is at a perfect level. While you are active in game, I would encourage you to make an effort to chatreport/report rule violations when they come up. However, you still get a +1 from me in this category.

Application: Well-written and honest. Checks all the boxes. +1

Maturity: I do think you have the maturity to become a staff member. Most people would not admit to hacking and while most would see hacking in the past as a negative, I see it as a positive because you owned up to your actions and accept responsibility. Our recent Discord conversation has also showed me that you are mature enough to be a staff member. I, as you know, did point out one instance of what appeared to be immaturity, but considering everything else, I think this was a one-time thing and it does not bother me in the least. +1

Forums Activity: Forums activity does not mean a whole lot to me, but, with that being said, it is still a requirement. Having only five posts is too few for me. Quality of posts means more to me than quantity, but I would definitely like to see you contribute to more discussions on the forums especially for the gamemode you are applying for (War-Z). -1

Despite your forums activity, you have a +1 from me. I think you deserve a chance to prove you can be a good staff member.

Best of luck moving forward!

#8 Foodcourt, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019 at 10:58 AM
  9. TheHighestKey

TheHighestKey Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Thank you Foodcourt, I appreciate it!

10. Ritzy

Ritzy WarZ Staff Member - #LetsDoIt

Ratings:
    +552
    Discord:
    Ritzy#3610
    I've held back from responding to this just to watch you and get an overview on what I think. At first I was a bit sceptical and maybe thought it'd be worth waiting another month but you're proving yourself well and believe you could be a good asset to the WarZ Staff Team. +1 (Broken down below)

In-game: Very active, most likely on more than I am haha. +1
    Discord: See you on quite a lot and are mature.+1
    Forums: I understand the account is new but try your best to pick activity up. +0
    Application: Very well written and as Foodcourt said; very honest.+1

11. TheHighestKey

TheHighestKey Member

Ratings:
    +8
    I really appreciate it, Thank you!