1. Applicants, do not ask staff to read your application, you will be denied.
    If the server that you wish to apply for does not have a prefix option, do not apply for it.
  2. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

ChubBub360’s Capture the Flag JMod Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by ChubBub360, Jun 25, 2020.

?

Should ChubBub360 be a staff member?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    60.9%
  1. ChubBub360

ChubBub360 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Brawl Junior Moderator Application

What is your in-game name? - ChubBub360

Is your Minecraft account secured and migrated? - Yes

How old are you? - 18

What time zone are you in? - Eastern Time Zone

Are you multilingual? Can you speak multiple languages? - Aside from taking a few classes of Chinese, no, I only speak english.

What is your experience and knowledge of Brawl? - I’ve been playing for a very long time, not as long as others, but I remember playing Capture the Flag around 2015 for the first time, when my friend wanted me to go on with him. I've played a bunch of kit pvp on the Mcpvp server as well, but back then it was very different than what it was today. I’ve seen many of the nerfs, buffs, and reworks of classes on Capture the Flag, and have seen many bans (though most of them might be auto bans). I’ve also been playing a ton Of capture the flag throughout the past 6-7 months, and have played competitive capture the flag for around 2-3 months.

What is your experience with moderating servers, if any? - None. This is my first time.

Why do you want to become a moderator on Brawl? - My main reason would be to help out the community as best I can, without dumping my wallet out on donations. For a while I’ve wanted to apply to be a junior moderator, and the reason why I didn’t was I thought I was too young for the role. Another reason is I would like to help out with setting up games and such for official matches, unofficial matches, ppms, and other events, as sometimes no staff are online and players would have to wait for extended amounts of time for match to start. Another reason would be to remove blatant cheaters from the servers. Sometimes late at night there would be players with obvious reasons to be considered a cheater, such as flying across the map or having a ten block killaura activated. In those cases, I would be able to rid the server of them quickly so the actual players wouldn’t have to deal with the hacker. For a basic answer, I want to help the community as best I can.

Have you ever used a hacked client before? - Yes, I used to use the future client on 2b2t a few years ago, and my friend and I even wrote scripts for clients. Now have I ever hacked on a server that has actual rules? No, this comes off as a lame excuse but whenever I thought of doing so it would make me feel guilty, since it would ruin the fun for others, and it isn’t really fun to hack in general, since it gets boring really quickly.

Have you ever been punished (banned, kicked, muted, etc) legitimately on a public Minecraft server? If so, why? - A few months ago I was banned on capture the flag for sprint hacking, but it turned out to be false and it was appealed. I also got banned for hacking on pvp land when I was practicing against a bot, but in my defense my WiFi was really bad. I was banned for constant suspicious hits, and I’m still waiting to see if the staff have appealed the ban or not.

What do you consider your greatest strength? -My greatest strength I would say would be my determination. It’s what’s been keeping me playing capture the flag, because for a good stretch of time I was absolute garbage at the game, and only recently have my friends said I’ve improved. I did thirty five hours of aim training on Kovaaks The Meta 2.0, and it’s helped me a lot. Another strength I’d say I have is the ability to stay hyper focused if needed, but I don’t feel like that will help out anyone anytime soon.

What do you consider your greatest weakness? - I can be quite arrogant at times, and I used to (and sometimes) get annoyed pretty easily. It’s mostly died down but I sometimes can get annoyed easily, such as being spawn shot by an archer four times over.

Which Brawl server(s) are you most active on? - Minecraft Capture the Flag.

How many Brawl staff applications have you made in the past? - I believe that I’ve made two.

What is the date of the last application you submitted? - I don’t remember exactly, but it was at least 2-3 years ago.

Do you have Discord? Yes, ChubBub360#1000

Anything else you would like to state? - I don’t think I have really anything else to say that’s majorly important, but I genuinely want to pitch in and help the server. I’ve spent more than five years on the server, and I’d like to be able to help out in the best ways possible.

#1 ChubBub360, Jun 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  2. Zarpin

Zarpin Member

Ratings:
    +5
    At the end of the paragraph answering "Why do you want to become a moderator on Brawl?", It says "hell the community as best I can", I recommend fixing this.

The application seems bland in a few spots, but is mostly well written.

One thing I want to point out, is your charisma, or your vibe you could say. Whenever I'm in the same discord call as you (mostly for PPM type things), you're very entertaining, positive, and have a vibrant personality from what I've seen. This helps when it comes to dealing with players and other staff. I think you'd get along perfectly with everyone (players & staff). +1

I do believe brawl (especially in CTF), there's a lack of staff members at certain times of the day (mainly at night for EST, which is understandable). As you said, there are times where hackers can run around for a long time before being punished rightfully, this is where I can see you definitely helping out. Speaking of PPMs and matches, essentially the competitive scene. Staff members are always needed for these types of events, another spot where you'd be able to help out for sure. +1

This is edited in because I forgot to put it beforehand, so if you don't read this I get it lol. But your forums activity seems low, I recommend being more active on the forums and put your opinions out there. -1

When it comes to your weakness, I feel you brother, some things can be very annoying, and I often have a short-tempered attitude which doesn't help anyone. A lot of people have a problem with keeping their cool in a tough/annoying situation, so you're not an outcast in this case, which is good. This is something that can be worked on, 100%. As you said, you were working on it already and have made improvements. So I think you'll be just fine dealing with this :smile:. +1

Overall, I think you are staff member material +1, good luck moving forward! :grinning:

3. ChubBub360

ChubBub360 Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for the feedback! I’ll be fixing that in a sec

4. Salty_Ivan

Salty_Ivan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82
    Discord:
    Whale#7514
    I feel you don't have enough experience with the team scene. I'd like to see you participate in more PPMs, and perhaps host a few more (I see you've hosted at least 2 before, but perhaps more regularly). I know you've also been a member of Anni for the past little while, but I'd suggest improving your activity in matches, PPMs and similar team events. -0.5 here.

How would you do this? What would you bring to the staff team apart from the typical staff responsibilities you've listed? Those typical responsibilities can be fulfilled by anyone mature enough, but you haven't written anything that would make you stand out from a typical applicant. -1

Are you able to turn your experience with clients into an asset?

How would that help you as a staff member?

How can you ensure that you will stay calm and collected as a staff member under pressure and facing backlash? If it continues to be a problem, how will you fix that?

As Zarpin mentioned, another area of improvement would be your forums activity. Additionally, I'd like to see you participate more in the CTF Discord, as these two places are the best places to be involved with the community and suggest ideas. Speaking of suggesting ideas, I'd like to see more suggestions on how the gamemode can be improved both on the forums and in Discord. -1 for these areas.

Also, this comment from a month ago is a bit concerning:
    Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 11.17.32 AM.png
    As a staff member, you definitely do not have the luxury to stay out of the community. I know sometimes this community can get a bit hard to handle and really toxic, but staff members need to be involved in it regardless.

Overall a -1 from me. I believe you need to be more active in various parts of the community than just being a player of the gamemode. Additionally, you should bring something to the table as a staff member, something unique and not simply being online when other staff members are not. Being staff is more than just patrolling the streets of uhhh... CTF maps and catching hackers. While I'm sure you'd do great in that aspect, it's also about improving the gamemode and that's an area where you can improve. I'd like to see more suggestions or pitching in your own opinion on other suggestions. Plus, the application, while written well in a purely grammatical sense, could sell yourself better and highlight what would make you a good choice to be a staff member.

5. EmperorTrump45

EmperorTrump45 Dank Memer

Ratings:
    +2,135
    The team scene is not something that someone applying for CTF jmod needs to be active in. They're a number of social clubs that one can choose to be or not to be part of. The no.1 requirement for moderating a server is to play it and since you play CTF that's good enough. If you needs to ref a match or whatever current staff or people who have refereed before can show you how to do that.

I also think it's too harsh to judge someone by what they wrote in an application unless it's egregiously bad, which none of this is. It comes down to nitpicking your words which isn't helpful and leads nowhere. Your ban history is clean other than the falseban for sprint hacks and you also have just as much playtime as you say - more than some people who have been accepted, actually.

The forums have been relatively dead for the last few years but it'd still be good to see more activity from you in this area. I'd +0 for this reason but since you don't have that option in your poll, +1 for now.