1. Applicants, do not ask staff to read your application, you will be denied.
    If the server that you wish to apply for does not have a prefix option, do not apply for it.
  2. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Bath's JMod App

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Bath_Maintenance, Jun 29, 2020.

?

should I become build Mod?

This poll will close on Jul 29, 2020 at 11:30 PM.
  1. Yes

61.9%
  2. Still Need To Work On Certain Skills First

42.9%
  3. No

19.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bath_Maintenance

Bath_Maintenance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    Brawl Junior Moderator Application

Read over this thread: http://www.brawl.com/threads/14752/
    If you do not meet the requirements (active, helpful, must have Discord, etc) do not apply yet; it will be an auto deny.

What is your in-game name? - Bath_Maintenance
    Is your Minecraft account secured and migrated? - Yes

How old are you? - 17
    What time zone are you in? - MT
    Are you multilingual? Can you speak multiple languages? - No, Only English

What is your experience and knowledge of Brawl?
    - I’ve played on Brawl since 2015, but I was also on MCPVP before the migration happened. I joined the Build community in the start of 2018, and am pretty familiar with both the Build and CTF communities. I had a rough start on Build, having to learn WorldEdit and making new friends with the community, but down the line I think it’s been a great experience for me, and being able to help new players with WorldEdit and other basic tasks makes me feel useful. Build mods are few and inactive and being one of the more active players, I feel like I have to take a stand and fill that gap whenever they aren’t available. I feel like I could be a good addition to the team with my knowledge of maps and experience with building them, as well as my desire to grow the server.

What is your experience with moderating servers, if any? - In 2020 some friends of mine that I met on CTF created a server, and I joined them as a build mod. Modding on that server and being a leader comes naturally, and I do my best to make sure things are up to date and working. I feel that I have to be responsible and it encourages me to take my experience to other servers, like Brawl.

Why do you want to become a moderator on Brawl?
    - Inactivity of build mods is a big part of it, as they aren’t as available as they should be, and there’s only really one Build mod (I love you Charlie). Build has been dying because of other game modes being more popular such as CTF or WarZ. There are still those people who use Build; and even regulars on the server may sometimes still have a hard time figuring out different methods of creating a map. I feel that since there’s no one readily available for the Build community, I think I could step up and be helpful to others. I believe that Build keeps CTF alive as its builders push out the maps that are played on, and as a map creator myself I have great knowledge of mapmaking, I know how to use WorldEdit and commands well, and if someone has a problem I’m good with assisting them. I take Build pretty seriously when it comes to playing on it, and I genuinely love the server and how it keeps my mind busy.

Have you ever used a hacked client before? - No because I am too stupid to use one.
    Have you ever been punished (banned, kicked, muted, etc) legitimately on a public Minecraft server? If so, why? - I have. I’ve been muted and warned on this server multiple times for a lack of maturity, and I have said and posted things that weren’t very appropriate. I will say I’ve matured over time and I’m still working on bettering myself rather than lying about my mistakes.

What do you consider your greatest strength? - Staying very calm and collected during intense situations. A lot of the time I feel that I am good at focusing on the end goal of whatever I’m trying to accomplish and not letting the pressure get to me. I also am a great listener, so if anyone was ever to come to me asking for help, I would be able to hear them out on whatever was wrong.

What do you consider your greatest weakness? - Lack of creativity. As a kid with ADHD I’m very creative when it comes to thinking of ideas, but in reality, it usually doesn't turn out how I expect it to. That’s what builders are for; they're there to help us think outside of the box and explore new ideas. It’s also hard for me to give feedback for a lot of CTF maps because of that lack of creativity, and the fact that I’m very literal and do not think outside of the box. If someone comes up to me and asks for feedback it’s hard to give them an answer they would want. I’m oblivious to finding weaknesses in certain aspects, even though I’ve made CTF maps in the past.

Which Brawl server(s) are you most active on? - Build and CTF.

How many Brawl staff applications have you made in the past? - I’ve made 4 in the past.

What is the date of the last application you submitted? - February 1st, 2020.

Do you have Discord? Bath_Maintenance#6276

Anything else you would like to state? - Thanks for your consideration!

Please insert a Yes / No poll below.

2. Zarpin

Zarpin Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I don't know that much about you, but what I can say is that you're pretty active and open to helping anyone in need.

So based on that (^) and your application, I have no reason to not give you a +1, good luck! :smile:.

3. Salty_Ivan

Salty_Ivan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82
    Discord:
    Whale#7514
    You've helped out a lot on Build and you are definitely talented enough and experienced on the server. And build probably could use another mod or two! You're also really friendly, active, and, as Zarpin said, open to helping out people in need. +1 in all these aspects!

However, there is a glaring issue and you do mention it, and sum it up quite well:
    We've talked a couple times, it's definitely not regularly, but sometimes I've still seen you say some things that I wouldn't like to see staff members say. I personally did not mind and found it funny most of the time, but some people might find that really strange and unprofessional/inappropriate for someone with some responsibilities to say. Your previous warning was 4 weeks ago, which isn't too recent but might still be a concern, and I just feel that there is definitely an area for improvement in this regard.

Other times things can be worded better, such as:
    A simple "No" would have been better and said the same.
    Maybe this is just because I've talked to you outside of just general/public chat and we are both in quite a few private servers with CTF players, and perhaps the maturity is much improved in a professional setting but the punishment history doesn't seem to support that. -1 here.
    It is wonderful that you have recognized your mistakes and you're still working on improving but I would consider this your greatest weakness instead.

Overall +0. Best of luck!

4. Industrious

Industrious Active Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Discord:
    Industrious #1423
    Adding to what Ivan said...

Your discipline history is not very clean. Both this month and last month you were warned and muted for generic chat issues. Personally, I believe it's a bit too close to those violations to know that you have actually matured enough to take on the role of staff.

On another note:
    I'm familiar with this because this is something I went through (and talked about in my application). In my case I made sure I worked on said issues and dealt with them completely before attempting a shot at staff because I did not want them to interfere with my capability to be a staff member. I feel that might be something for you to think about as well. I'd imagine people would feel uneasy about having a staff member who is still working to improve themselves.

Working on yourself isn't something you can do in an instant and seeing as how you've had a violation this month, it's worrisome. I know you are a friendly and dedicated player but these are just some concerns I have. I have no doubt that with time you can shape yourself into a good staff candidate but for now it's a -1 from me.

#4 Industrious, Jun 30, 2020 at 3:11 AM
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020 at 3:25 AM
  5. Bath_Maintenance

Bath_Maintenance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68

Thanks Zarpin!

I understand that and I should have a more professional look while applying for JMod.

6. Charlie_0014

Charlie_0014 Build’s Mod

Ratings:
    +219
    Hey Bath,
    There's no doubt you are one of the most active people on Build right now, and you have been for awhile, which is good.

Now your most recent mute is for one of those things that, while it is unprofessional, could be overlooked if you have a clean history (which you did maintain from February until May), but combined with you saying you're too stupid to know how to hack (and really just that alone), really makes one wonder if you are qualified and if you are taking the application seriously.

Now this is an excellent statement, and will make want someone say, we have a trial period for a reason, but then your answer to the previous question just completely negates that.

Lastly, in your reply to Salty_Ivan, you say you understand you should look more professional, but if you want to become a staff member, why don't you?

So for now +0, I think you need to take this more seriously.