1. Applicants, do not ask staff to read your application, you will be denied.
    If the server that you wish to apply for does not have a prefix option, do not apply for it.
  2. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

5730dogman's Jmod Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by 5730dogman, Jul 31, 2020.

?

5730dogman for JMod

1. +1 Yes

41.2%
  2. -1 No

17.6%
  3. +0 Not sure/ Need improvement

41.2%
  1. 5730dogman

5730dogman Call me Doggo

Ratings:
    +7
    Brawl Junior Moderator Application

Read over this thread: http://www.brawl.com/threads/14752/
    If you do not meet the requirements (active, helpful, must have Discord, etc) do not apply yet; it will be an auto deny.

What is your in-game name? - 5730dogman
    Is your Minecraft account secured and migrated? - Yes

How old are you? - 17
    What time zone are you in? - EST
    Are you multilingual? Can you speak multiple languages? - I am fluent in English and I know very basic French sentences.

What is your experience and knowledge of Brawl? - I have played on brawl for around 3 years. I'm mostly active on war but I am occasionally on Kit, CTF, Party, and WarZ. I played legacy war for a bit when I first joined the network but didn't find it very fun until 2.0 was released. The release drew me in because it put me on a level playing field with everyone else. As of lately, I have also joined the War Council for War 2.0 to provide opinions and suggestions to the war team moving forward.
    What is your experience with moderating servers, if any? -
    I developed a server with a friend and staffed on the server there for about a year. I then moved onto a network called MC-Mega. I staffed for about 2 years as a mod. My main focus was to moderate chat on the Creative server but I also had to hop onto skyblock, prison, and kitpvp to take care of reported players. I resigned from the staff team after the server was bought out before a large server merge.
    Why do you want to become a moderator on Brawl? -
    I really love war. I originally left with the decline of players but ever since Hexivoid messaged me that one day that war was alive again, I have really enjoyed playing again. I also really want to make the community a fun place to be again and I want new players to get interested. Over the past week, there has been an influx of new players coming online. The question I hear the most is "why doesn't the texture pack not work?" I try to help every player who has an issue with downloading and installing texture packs. I also like to help people learn how to play when the groups are small. In my eyes, helping someone learn to play the game and have them really enjoy it is worth way more than my KDR and my level will ever be worth.
    Have you ever used a hacked client before? -
    Yes
    Have you ever been punished (banned, kicked, muted, etc) legitimately on a public Minecraft server? If so, why? -
    I was banned from Hypixel for blatant cheating. I used to have a crappy laptop and I wanted to be good at skywars. So 12 year old me decided that downloading cheats was worth it. It was not.
    What do you consider your greatest strength? -
    I am very friendly. I am always willing to try again with someone even if the preconceived notions I have about someone aren't stellar. I live by the rule "treat others the way you would want to be treated" and that ideology has never done me wrong.
    What do you consider your greatest weakness? -
    My greatest weakness is that I live a busy life outside of Minecraft for the most part. I am in a bunch of extracurricular activities and they don't always leave time in the day for Minecraft. Although I can usually find a way to spend at least an hour a day online to spend time with friends or to help out on Brawl.
    Which Brawl server(s) are you most active on? -
    War
    How many Brawl staff applications have you made in the past? - Only 1
    What is the date of the last application you submitted? - Jun 21, 2020
    Do you have Discord?
    Yes 5730dogman#5730

Anything else you would like to state? - If anyone has questions about my application or if you just want to say hi, feel free to DM me on discord. My door is always open!

Please insert a Yes / No poll below.

2. KekTheEksdeee

KekTheEksdeee Lord of Spaghetti and Coffee

Ratings:
    +25
    Discord:
    Keksdeee#3072
    My opinion on you hasn't changed from your last application.
    In fact, it has improved. Your activity in-game remained consistent.
    You're active on Discord and your latest Event-idea is the bomb! It's not easy coming up with an idea that can be fun for everyone and doesn't need any Dev. work done.
    That's the prove to me that you really put in some thoughts.

Easy 1+ for me.

3. 5730dogman

5730dogman Call me Doggo

Ratings:
    +7

Thanks for the kind words! I hope that you'll reapply at some point too!

4. LemonTheCake

LemonTheCake The one and only
    Build Team

Ratings:
    +47
    Great to see you applying again! It's always good to see dedication and improvements from staff applicants, and seeing as you're willing to apply again, this shows you care about becoming a member of the team!

Over the past few weeks, you've clearly kept up your in-game activity, and are helpful to other players. Your drive to improve the game mode is quite promising, and you have definitely become more active in the discussion side of the community, bringing up event ideas and reporting bugs. Although these things show us that you have potential, I still have some concerns about your qualifications for a staff position.

You do come off as a friendly player in the community, however I think you often lack the maturity and ability to be serious when necessary, which is a quality a staff member needs to have. Being involved with other players in the community is important, but knowing when to not joke around is even more important. I also think it's important to keep in mind that, while you can have fun with other players, it's also important to do so while still being respectful regardless of who the player is, or your feelings about them.
    The argument can be made that, sure, you have been known to stand up for other players, and/or be serious at times, but I've seen quite a few moments that have called for a more mature attitude, and you don't respond in an appropriate manner.

My thought is that your fun-loving and goofy nature (which is not a bad thing to have) might cause you to overlook the importance of some responsibilities that would come with a moderator position. If being part of the staff team is a major goal for you, I would recommend improving your maturity in game, by learning where to stop and draw the line, as well as how to be appropriate and respectful in chat. While for now I give you a -1, if you keep up the good work, you'll be on the path to a +1 from me!

5. 5730dogman

5730dogman Call me Doggo

Ratings:
    +7
    Thank you for the honest response Lem.

6. KekTheEksdeee

KekTheEksdeee Lord of Spaghetti and Coffee

Ratings:
    +25
    Discord:
    Keksdeee#3072
    I dont see why he cant work on that while being a JMOD.
    In my eyes, this would motivate him even more, because he wants to prove being worthy of the promotion.

7. Snail_5_

Snail_5_ Mc-War & Media Team Manager
    Media Team

Ratings:
    +682
    Hey dogman, glad to see you applying again. Here are my current thoughts on you as an applicant:

Activity: Overall, your activity is on par. You are definitely active in-game and on discord, so keep it up!

Helpfulness: Since your last application and being added to the War Council, I have definitely seen an improvement in your contributions, however I'd still like to see a bit more in the long run. You've only recently taken interest in becoming a staff member, and I feel like we're kinda jumping the gun. For the most part, there's a build up process from taking interest to becoming a staff member, and your time there feels a bit short. With that being said, continue with what you are doing!

Mc-War: This part is kinda beyond your control, but at the moment due to the current situation with War, (low player counts with 4 staff members), we aren't super in need of staff. That does not mean it is impossible to achieve the rank, but it does mean that the standards are set a bit higher to do so.

Overall, you have my +0. I feel like there is still some time needed between now and achieving the Junior Moderator position. With that being said, keep up what you are doing. Best of luck!

8. Collector

Collector War JMOD / https://bit.ly/3ffu9pJ

Ratings:
    +250
    Discord:
    Mick#3343
    Going to go with a +0 (leaning on a +1) for now. I can vouch for seeing you help and assist players but as Lemon and Snail have pointed out there are a few minor flaws that could be touched up on. Your activity is one of the highest out of the majority of players on War and you clearly do want to assist where you can, just clean up those minor issues and you will have my +1.

9. 5730dogman

5730dogman Call me Doggo

Ratings:
    +7
    Thank you for your feedback