1. Applicants, do not ask staff to read your application, you will be denied.
    If the server that you wish to apply for does not have a prefix option, do not apply for it.
  2. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Shiny12's JMOD Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Shiny12, Aug 12, 2020.

?

Is Shiny fit for JMOD?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Undecided

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Shiny12

Shiny12 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Brawl Junior Moderator Application

Read over this thread: http://www.brawl.com/threads/14752/
    If you do not meet the requirements (active, helpful, must have Discord, etc) do not apply yet; it will be an auto deny.

What is your in-game name? - Shiny12
    Is your Minecraft account secured and migrated? - Yes

How old are you? - 17 (18 later this year)
    What time zone are you in? - Pacific Standard Time
    Are you multilingual? Can you speak multiple languages? - I can only speak English

What is your experience and knowledge of Brawl? -
    have played Brawl since 2015, but I did take breaks from Brawl from time to time. With the amount of time I have played Brawl (specifically WarZ) and people I have met, I have gained high knowledge and game sense about WarZ.
    What is your experience with moderating servers, if any? - I have helped create a 1-1 DisneyLand recreation server and a Factions server. I have also ran large discords
    Why do you want to become a moderator on Brawl? -
    I would like to become a moderator on Brawl simply because I would love to help in any way. As WarZ and the Brawl network as a whole expands and grows, I thought it would be appropriate to help in any way, as I have noticed that the demand for moderation grows overall. I had planned to apply for this same position years ago, but did not due to the fact that I was not able to record, now I can. This server has a little place in my heart due to the connections I had made to players here that I made years ago that I still consider dear friends of mine. I was always fascinated in running and administrating a server, particularly WarZ. If you refer to my messages in the WarZ Community Discord you can see that I have put my input on topics regarding WarZ tweaks and changes. I thought now would be a good time to apply, as the latest KitBrawl gun arena shows promise for a revive. In short I would love to be able to make a positive impact.

Have you ever used a hacked client before? - No
    Have you ever been punished (banned, kicked, muted, etc) legitimately on a public Minecraft server? If so, why? -
    https://www.brawl.com/history/player/shinyglory
    -I can't say I know why I was banned for speed on WarZ. I clearly remember me running, trying to get alive, but the past is the past.
    -The KitBrawl ban was done by the anticheat. I do W and S tap almost constantly. I am guessing that tripped up the anticheat.
    -The CTF autoban was also done by the anticheat. It was done a while, so I have little to no recollection on as how it had happened. It was most likely a mistake.
    https://www.brawl.com/history/player/shiny12
    -The 2 autobans done in a 3 hour span were from the time that the anticheat went rogue on server 20. Both bans were appealed not very long after.
    -The 1 ban on 2020-04-29 03:32:07 I honestly have no recollection of. I am assuming it was a short minor ban time because I waited it out.
    I have 0 mutes
    I would also like to reiterate that I have never used a hacked client or X-ray
    What do you consider your greatest strength? -
    My greatest strengths are dedication and affability. I am very dedicated to something I love. I remember when bedwars on Hypixel was release I was dedicated to become the best and as a result I was considered one of the best. From time to time I help out other players because I feel obligated to answer their questions just so there is a chance of them coming back. I think I am affable because not too many people dislike me, at least to my knowledge. I try my best to get along with everyone I meet. I can also work in teams big or small, as I have done so multiple times in the past.
    What do you consider your greatest weakness? -
    My greatest weakness would be my past temperament. It's not that I start fights, but I tend to accept when people try and bait me. It has been a while (multiple months) since my last confrontation with anyone, but since then I have learned to take all issues someone has with me privately. The reason I still have that listed is because I believe it is still a possibility of my actions, yet rare and I believe I can see past it. Also I wouldn't consider myself to be a popular member of this community, but I would consider myself heavily invested.
    Which Brawl server(s) are you most active on? - WarZ, War, and as of recently and into the future KitBrawl (for the gun arena), but I did play soup from time to time.

How many Brawl staff applications have you made in the past? -1
    What is the date of the last application you submitted? -May 29, 2020
    Do you have Discord?
    Shiny#6578
    Anything else you would like to state? -If you have any further questions you can ask me via discord or just reply to this thread and I will try to answer them to the best of my ability. (Asking questions instead of just voting hurts the process a lot. Asking me questions helps reflect who I am helps so much.)

Please insert a Yes / No poll below.

#1 Shiny12, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  2. CmanOG

CmanOG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +63
    anyone saying theyve never used a hacked client before is cappin

3. Shiny12

Shiny12 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wasn't lying. I don't find it that hard to restrain myself from using a form of cheats.

4. 5730dogman

5730dogman Call me Doggo

Ratings:
    +7

Before I make a decision, I feel like some clarification is needed on this part. Is your temperament still your greatest weakness? And if it isn't, what is. We want to know what drags you down now rather than what did in the past. Also you mention that you haven't confronted anyone in months. Do you mean that you haven't confronted anyone after an argument in months or just haven't been in human contact for months. The latter would make me think you aren't ready to take on a position as staff. Also I am curious to know what you mean by "heavily invested" in the last sentence. I would greatly appreciate answers to these questions before I can give an accurate rating :thumbsup:

5. Shiny12

Shiny12 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Before I clarify I would like to point out that this application is very similar to my previous one (which seemed to do fine) and a bit dated, but yet still rings true. I still believe it is temperament but no where on the magnitude that it was a while ago, but still sticks around in me. I would still consider myself moderate, but in an instance of me getting into an argument I would label it as rare. What I meant by "heavily invested" was a bit self explanatory. I have been almost obsessed with this game every time I get back into it since I was about 11 or 12. I read every forum that comes up on the WarZ sub category and every discord message (which I am very active in). I would say that is one of the reasons why I am applying, I just want to be apart of its success and revive. If I had to put my childhood on paper, I am most definitely putting WarZ. Meet some cool people on here that I still talk to on a daily basis from 5+ years. Thanks for the questions, also I remembered playing you in bedwars a couple days ago, GG.

6. 5730dogman

5730dogman Call me Doggo

Ratings:
    +7
    Thank you the short reply. You seem very friendly and you definitely know how to conduct yourself professionally. I would say you're worth a trial! +1 from me. Good luck with the rest of your application process.

P.S. I presume you meant hypixel bedwars. I am banned from that server on my main lol. Maybe you saw my dopple ganger >.>

7. Shiny12

Shiny12 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Appreciate it man, also your nuts at war ᕙ(`▿´)ᕗ