1. Applicants, do not ask staff to read your application, you will be denied.
    If the server that you wish to apply for does not have a prefix option, do not apply for it.
  2. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Visqe's JMOD Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Visqe, Sep 9, 2020.

?

Do you believe I'm eligible for this role?

1. +1 Yes

9 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. +0 Indifferent

11 vote(s)
    28.2%
  3. -1 No

19 vote(s)
    48.7%
  1. Visqe

Visqe Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Discord:
    Visqe#0943
    Brawl Junior Moderator Application

Read over this thread: http://www.brawl.com/threads/14752/
    If you do not meet the requirements (active, helpful, must have Discord, etc) do not apply yet; it will be an auto deny.

What is your in-game name? - Visqe
    Is your Minecraft account secured and migrated? - Yes

How old are you? - 17
    What time zone are you in? - CDT
    Are you multilingual? Can you speak multiple languages? - No

What is your experience and knowledge of Brawl? - I have been playing CTF consistently since 2017, with my first join landing around the summer of 2014 (I had an account before Forleb that was compromised in 2014). I was never really involved in the deeper parts of the server in the past, but in the last year I have made an effort to become more integrated with the community and to clean up my act. As for the game itself, I would say I’m well versed with the meta of casual and comp, and I’m only increasing that knowledge with the creation of Team Fallen.
    What is your experience with moderating servers, if any? - I was a trial JMOD here for a couple weeks earlier this year. Though my contribution that time around was hardly notable, I am familiar with the way things work within the team. I now have the resources to properly fill this role, such as functional & reliable internet, the ability to record video more stably, and a significantly more flexible schedule, the likes of which were unavailable to me in previous living conditions.
    Why do you want to become a moderator on Brawl? - My record isn’t exactly what you’d think of for mod criteria, but my intent was always to move this server in a positive direction… Maturity wasn’t my best card in recent years to say the least. I try to contribute to forums discussions as much as possible, while also providing my own input whenever I think something up. Over time, I’ve noticed that I am online (or at least available) for a good portion of the time when no staff members are online; With the obvious benefit being cheater assessment, I would also be able to set the match server when needed, which would save us all some headaches. My first trial was evidence that I needed to improve, and now I believe I have done just that. It all depends on how much you trust me.

Have you ever used a hacked client before? - Yes. Though I stopped using it several years ago, I’ve stayed up to date on my knowledge of clients & what to look for.
    Have you ever been punished (banned, kicked, muted, etc) legitimately on a public Minecraft server? If so, why? - I think I hacked on here in 2014 or 2015, got perm banned, and then appealed a while later. There’s also the 1 week ban for my immature comment on CTF from about a year ago.

What do you consider your greatest strength? - Experience. While I may not be the oldest player around, I have dedicated a concerning amount of time to playing the game, and it has paid off in allowing me to understand the meta like the back of my hand. My relations with the community might not have been stellar in the past, but I will continue to push in a positive direction in that area.
    What do you consider your greatest weakness? - Mistakes… a very large amount of public ones. On a server with a tightly knit community like this one, your reputation defines you almost entirely if you aren’t close friends with the ones at the top, which was my case for the last few years. Having an open heart is necessary to see the person I’ve become, and why I’m even bothering to apply in the first place for some reading this. Correcting my personality was something I had to do for everyone - not just the CTF community. The facade I put on for my first trial was obvious, but I can now say with confidence that I am the same person with or without the pink tag.
    Which Brawl server(s) are you most active on? - CTF, occasionally Build 1.8

How many Brawl staff applications have you made in the past? - 2
    What is the date of the last application you submitted? - August 3, 2020
    Do you have Discord? Visqe#0943

Anything else you would like to state? - My activity in-game may vary at certain times due to school and family matters, but I am always accessible via Discord and the Brawl site. During my first trial, it was a rare occurrence for me to be out of the house for less than 12 hours a day during the school year; Stack that on top of incredibly subpar internet & constant swings in my family’s stability, and you can start to gauge why things went the way they did. None of those hindrances exist anymore, which is why I believe I can fill this role the right way now. Staff member or not, I’ll always advocate & strive for the growth of CTF and Brawl as a whole.

Please insert a Yes / No poll below.

2. Iqn_

Iqn_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    Hello @Visqe i dont mean this to be bias, but you are a really chill guy and nice. I would say you would be a good fit for staff but i do believe a little improvement in some areas. But ima go with a +1