1. Applicants, do not ask staff to read your application, you will be denied.
    If the server that you wish to apply for does not have a prefix option, do not apply for it.
  2. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Fireshadow007 Build Jmod Application 1

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by Fireshadow007, Dec 25, 2020.

?

Should I become staff?

1. +1

18 vote(s)
    47.4%
  2. -1

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. +0

11 vote(s)
    28.9%
  1. Fireshadow007

Fireshadow007 Active Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Yes, I do understand that my activity on forums and discord is low right now, I do read the messages and try to help on discord with what I can, also I try to help the server I am applying for by thinking of ideas that will make the game more fun for players to enjoy and writing it down on the forums

2. rmure

rmure Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +269
    you have a total of 6 messages in the main discord, and the same number in the build disc. you aren't even trying man

3. Fireshadow007

Ratings:
    +7
    I am

4. rmure

rmure Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +269
    just for reference, here are your messages on both servers
    upload_2021-1-13_5-21-16.png
    upload_2021-1-13_5-21-39.png

5. Fireshadow007

Ratings:
    +7
    I do see my chat activity on both discords but I do respond on discord when I am online, I do look at discord chat too while in game

6. Prouddyyy

Prouddyyy Assistant events manager

Ratings:
    +312
    Discord:
    Prouddyyy#0679
    "Not as often as they used to" The last time an idea was posted by another member on the build discord was nearly a year ago, I'd say it wasn't quite the meaningful "discussion" either, So I'd say it's fair to say the lack of activity on the forums is justified. He did *try* to start or contribute a meaningful discussion hence the reason he posted some ideas on the Build and Party section, thing is barely any ideas are posted on the forums any more and the preferred spot is Discord right now, despite that Build isn't exactly the game mode that requires a lot of ideas let alone is a game mode where you can think of a lot of stuff, at least I can't and I'd say a bunch of other people can't either judging from the lack of idea submitted. Just because they don't interact with the community on Discord doesn't mean they haven't been doing so in-game for example.

I hope you realize this analogy makes absolutely zero sense, you went from criticizing his lack of engagement with the community to comparing them with a manipulative person who threatens to kill themselves if they don't get their way? simply said my response to that is wtf:joy:?

To put it short judging from your earlier posts you dislike fireshadow, perhaps justifyingly so for what they have done to you in the past but it seems like you're desperately looking for the smallest reasons and things to get them denied. No offense to FourBitten (another build staff member) but they have been just as active around the forums in contributing to discussions etc as fireshadow and having only posted 10 things in the Build discord, they have been given staff, and as far as I'm aware they're doing just fine as staff.

Discord and forums are in my opinion only side points when it comes to becoming staff, it's about the person's personality, their history in rule-breaking and how they cope and deal with situations where lots of people are criticizing and pressurizing the staff member in question which can be made clear when in trial mode. At the end of the day there is a trial period for a reason.

On a side note my actual view of Fireshadow and the application and all.
    Correct me if I'm wrong and I in no way mean this in an offensive way, but you seem incredibly introverted to me, it also seems like you suffer from some form of autism, (the way you talk and interact with other people is very different to put it that way) which isn't your fault of course but would heavily impact how good of a staff member you can be, cause Minecraft players can be very rough despite being a children's game, the reason for me thinking this is, because you have always been a bit awkward and never really seemed to get any jokes, shortly put you were a bit awkward, again this could just be how you are through a chat and you could perhaps be a totally different person offline but that's at least for me the impression you leave behind and thus maybe something to work on, joke around a bit, be a bit less serious, do with some sarcasm sometimes (not negatively of course). This also helps massively in making players respect you as a staff member.

It's gonna sound very rude saying this and I hope it doesn't bother you too much, but it kinda always sounded like you never really had any friends, often following me about and asking some questions where I really wondered if you did actually not know this or if you were just asking for some interaction with other players (simple questions that I sometimes was quite certain of you knew already), I feel incredibly rude typing this but I feel like it's necessary, you can be awkward, and introverted which could make you very vulnerable for pressure, or vulnerable for manipulative players, and once players figure that out it can lead to big complications. Again I could be totally wrong but it's the impression you are and have been leaving behind on me since I was an SMOD. This may be the reason people are doubting you're 22 years old as well and could indicate that people feel the same about this? Then again I have barely played recently so I don't know that has been changed recently and what I've said may make everyone reading this say wtf out loud.

Anyway good luck with the staff application.

7. Fireshadow007

Ratings:
    +7
    Thank you for the kind words Prouddyyy

8. rmure

rmure Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +269
    i guess, the point was more about people lowering their standards for staff

9. Iqn_

Iqn_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +197
    Yeah but i really recommend your activity on everything gets better and to help the community more and answering to questions in the discords

10. Fireshadow007

Ratings:
    +7
    My activity on discord has improved

Brawl Discord Brawl Discord.PNG

Build Discord Build Discord.PNG

Ctf Discord Ctf Discord.PNG

Minecraft Party Discord Minecraft party.PNG

11. rmure

rmure Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +269
  12. MoistMayonnaise

MoistMayonnaise Retired Brawl Staff

Ratings:
    +384
    From a side note here, I have talked with Fireshadow a good bit more and there is another discord that isn't a brawl one where he has definitely reported bugs and asked questions. He is still learning and I agree could improve on some aspects, however I think being a build JMod for starters would be alright. You learn more as you go being staff in my eyes, so with other staff to help him out and learn the ways I dont see it hurting. So I'm willing to give a +1 and invest in his growth cause I could see it going positive.

13. Fireshadow007

Ratings:
    +7
    Thank you for your kind words :grin:

14. SoCool21

SoCool21 CTF Mod

Ratings:
    +2,450
    Hey Fireshadow, it's nice to see you apply.

It's very clear to me that you do genuinely care about Brawl. A lot of your contributions aren't public, which isn't ideal, but you contribute a decent amount. I'd like to see more contribution, but it's nothing too worrying. You're more than active enough, I don't have any concerns about your maturity as I've literally never seen you lose your cool, and you're one of the friendliest people on Brawl.

My main concerns are how well you'll be able to moderate chat, and how well you'll be able to handle yourself in heated situations.

Chat moderation isn't as easy as a lot of people think - there are plenty of situations where staff need to be able to tell whether or not players are just joking about, or if they're genuinely causing harm. Sometimes, you'll need to pick up on certain contextual cues to tell if something violates the rules or not, and this doesn't come naturally to some people. Do you think this will be an issue?

I'm also not sure how well you'll be able to handle heated situations. Staff face these situations all the time and it's important you'll be able to stay calm and handle them well. How well do you think you'd be able to handle situations like this? (E.g: you ban someone, and their teammates accuse you of making a false ban.)

Still undecided at the moment, so +0 for now.

15. Fireshadow007

Ratings:
    +7
    Thank you for your comment I know chat moderation isn’t easy but I also know you work in a team, if I am unsure about something I’ll always talk to another online staff first before taking action.

When needing to ban a player I will always record and go over it a few times before taking action too if I need help I can always ask staff again, if a player accuses me of fake ban I would stay calm and try to talk to the player that accused me to calm them down

16. SoCool21

SoCool21 CTF Mod

Ratings:
    +2,450
    I'm a little bit on the fence about this, but I think you definitely have potential. You've shown a very large readiness to learn, and as long as this attitude continues, I think you'll be able to do a good job. +1

17. Iqn_

Iqn_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +197
    Agree with this but i think the lad could be given a chance . If hes willing to help buil grow then i dont see why not singe build doesnt have alot of active staff on it

18. Fireshadow007

Ratings:
    +7
    Thank you so much

Thank you so much