1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

The End

Discussion in 'Raid' started by Vendor, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Vendor

Vendor .gg/drip

Ratings:
    +7
    Hi all,

ive been playing raid since map 3, which was nearly four? years ago now. I think in map 3 i recorded the highest or at least top 3 highest playtimes of the map, which was the most alive map since i have played. I played a LOT. I love raid for the challenge, the community, and the chill environment i could log onto.

The server started to slowly deteriorate over the years but i kept playing. I wanted to see raid grow, and i was ready to help in any way that i could to help the growth and bring in new players, along with keeping existing ones, even being a mod on the server for some time.

Up until a couple months ago, i had complete faith that the people who were in charge of raid at least gave a **** about the direction, and wanted to see the server grow like i had. Which is why i tried in the first place, i never would have spent time helping if i didnt think the staff wanted to see the server grow as well.

When ritzy was made admin i really thought that was when we would see a change. It didnt, and i was massively dissapointed since raid was his secondary server along with WarZ, so i thought those two servers he would spend the most time and care on. He didnt, which led to the increasingly downward spiral which always had a small small glimmer of hope that things could change, until recently.

With the promotion of Jengar and Buzzy to JMOD, and the reluctance to disable respawn anchors at first, and the reluctance to punish duping and accept the map was saturated with loot and needed to be reset, this is the first time since map three i have really thought there is absolutely no hope for the server. It is destined to be a 25-max player server until it shuts down, and all the new mods/jmods they have promoted are perfectly fine with designing it to be an SMP and completely going away from what made raid fun in the first place.

No point in going halfway anymore, its clear 1.16 doesnt work with raids 1.8 mechanics so if you arent going to revert to 1.8 (you should) then simply remove all the raid mechanics and make it a survival / roleplay SMP server with a 2 year map length and 100k border with no tracking. Dont kid yourself in thinking this is anything else.

Will always love raid for what it was and ive made so many friends that i still have to this day even though we dont play raid, and ill probably keep these friends for years to come, so thats something positive. But as someone who wanted to see it grow for nearly four years now, this is the first time i will ever say that the server is dead and it is NEVER coming back. You will NEVER have the same raid experience that made the server fun as you did when it was 1.8. So dont go looking for it.

Cheers!

if you want some nostalgia take a look at the SuB team thread and all the Ex-Members. Miss them sadge https://www.brawl.com/threads/76121/

• ELITE Honor x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. rsugar

rsugar Member

Ratings:
    +23
    who

• ELITE Honor ELITE Honor x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Skilless

Skilless gamer

Ratings:
    +12
    who

• ELITE Honor ELITE Honor x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. xGhale

xGhale HG‘s Doom guy

Ratings:
    +1,394
    What's the problem with those 2 peeps xd

5. Ritzy

Ritzy Est. 2014

Ratings:
    +665
    Discord:
    Ritzy#2167
    who

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • ELITE Honor ELITE Honor x 1
    • Mod Honor Mod Honor x 1
  6. TheMel0n

TheMel0n 8 Year McPvPer

Ratings:
    +109
    Discord:
    Ante#7366
    map 3 lol noob and what's up with all the small I's

creative

7. Tuumai

Tuumai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103
    if you want some nostalgia take a look at the SuB team thread and all the Ex-Members. Miss them sadge https://www.brawl.com/threads/76121/

This **** hit hard, jeesus that was good times and i def agree about that 1.16 :grinning: Raid has got some new players but, they lost all the old ones :grinning:
    New players doesn't buy that many boosters :wink:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Colonel_Graff

Colonel_Graff http://www.brawl.com/games/ctf/lookup/188857/

Ratings:
    +435
    I haven't seen Ritzy on, like ever. I understand that running a server involves a lot of backend/coordination things, but it would have been nice for him to pop in a few times a week, even if only for 15-20 minutes.

Bruh

BRUH

I disagree, and the reason the server won't die is because FitMC shows up on CTF occasionally and a few of his fans know this and show up, and then leak over to the rest of the server.

https://www.brawl.com/players/Fit

*Hint Hint MAYBE someone can ask him to do a vid on Raid?*

The map was way, WAY too small for the 1.16 + Raid mechanics. Elytra nerfing with fireworks piss me off, but using Elytra above the nether roof can get you anywhere in the overworld in a matter of minutes which is way worse. Then the map is smaller (almost 50% smaller by area overworld) making this issue even worse. I'd support a gradually increasing border, with no reset, ever. Players would come back if they know their base (or at least the remnants) are somewhere, this is the lure of 2b2t and a lot of other survival type servers.

And do NOT get me started on opening the nether roof, plus travel boots, plus god items, removing mending but reenabling the shop glitch, and disabling crystal pvp. I think we're straying too far from vanilla IMO; when I started Raid it was vanilla plus economy plus warps plus teams plus tracking. I'd love to see us return to that formula, adding only team events (like KOTH) and fixing issues like duping and gold farming that happened at the beginning of the map.

See you after the reset!

• Like Like x 1
    #8 Colonel_Graff, Apr 29, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2021